My family just recently started eating spaghetti squash and we love it. I have no idea why I waited until now to give it a try but it was totally worth the wait. We love to eat it with a red meat sauce or as a side to chicken parmesan.
If I’m being honest, it was not always an easy feat to cut the squash in half for roasting. I always felt like I was going to injure myself with the knife while trying to cut it in half. For someone prone to injury like I am, that was not a good situation for me to be in. Do you struggle with spaghetti squash like I did? Well struggle no more. After many months of fighting the squash with the knife, I finally came upon a way to make this veggie so much easier to prepare.
Follow these steps and you’ll be amazed at how much time it saves you and how much easier it makes your life.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Stand squash upright and poke holes up two sides with a fork
- Microwave squash for 5 minutes
- Let squash cool to room temperature
- Use a sharp knife to cut in half along the sides where the fork holes are
- Lay squash down on a baking sheet with inside facing up, sprinkle with olive oil and Himalayan sea salt
- Place baking sheet, with the squash on it, in the preheated oven and bake for approximately 40 minutes or until done to your likeness
Comment below with your thoughts on this method. If you use a different method to cut up spaghetti squash, share that too. I’d love to hear from you.